Sunday 8 January 2012

Candle Comfort

This entry may sound a bit weird but I think that it is important to me and might be important to you. Now you have to know I'm not a goth, I don't think that magic is real and I'm not as weird as you may think that this sounds. But I think that candles can be a very comforting part of our lives. 
Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that I practice strange rituals and do voodoo or anything, but I believe that people have souls, and I'm not sure if there is a God for sure but I do believe that there is something out there, I believe that sometimes candles can be a good idea.
My grandad died a few years ago and it was really hard for me but the thing that I have worked out that makes it easier is that he is always with me and I am honestly sure of that fact. And every week starting a month ago I have began lighting a candle for him, I know that this doesn't change anything, I'm not trying to bring him back, but I do pray for his soul with that candle alight. You may think I am crazy and that doesn't bother me but I can happily say that it makes me feel better than just saying some words in prayer, this way I am showing a physical act of my love for him and it may sound freaky to you but to me this means something deeper.

I understand that some of you may not share my views but, please leave comments tell me what you think, I'd love to know about what you're thinking. I am not singling out any religions or putting them down in anyway either I am only voicing my opinions so you can think about others opinions. If you are reading this and someone has left a comment(s)  why don't you read them see what other people think, philosophy may not be your cup of tea but you might find it interesting.

- Jaime x

2 comments:

  1. Hey you're right I'm not religious, I'm not even sure I believe in God but it is kind of interesting to think about other peoples views.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly that's really cool that you liked it, I know what you mean about finding it interesting to look at what other people think. Why don't you ask your mates what they think or even just thinking about what you really think yourself. If you take the time out and really start to think about your beliefs it can really widen your mind as to what is out there. You said you weren't religious but why don't you just try meditation, it may sound strange but it can be really good to relieve you of stress from your day. If I may be so bold as to get philosophical on you. :P
    - Jaime x

    ReplyDelete